Sunday, August 16, 2009

Pre-District 9


Meeting friends at the theatre to see District 9. I haven't been this pumped to see a movie in a while. Probably since Lord of the Rings. I've read the reviews, read the tweets, and listened to friends. Enough already. I have to see it for myself.


We saw two movies yesterday: Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince and G.I. Joe. G.I. Joe was a dumb movie. In fact, I think the script was written in crayon, but it was entertaining. The biggest issue I had with the movie was the overuse of CGI. The parts I liked best were stuffed into tight outfits worn by Scarlet. I recommend watching the movie if you want mindless entertainment. Otherwise, avoid at all costs.


Harry Potter was a good film. As with the whole series, the latest was the best. The "kids" have improved with each offering. I enjoyed the movie to the point I didn't want it to end without wrapping up the story line. Alas, we have to wait a couple of years to see the end. I can wait. Probably. I have NOT read the books. So, I clueless how it all ends. I'll let the movies tell me. I have too many other books I'd rather read.

No comments:

Post a Comment