Sunday, August 16, 2009

District 9

So, saw District 9 today. I liked it a lot, but the better half hated it. Her hatred of the film has nothing to do with the quality of the film. It has more to do with the content. She likes light and fluffy, feel good movies. These things cannot be said about District 9.

This wasn't the movie I was expecting. I knew it was a social commentary style movie, but I didn't see the main plot line coming. Even though the movie was not what I thought it was going to be, I still dug it.

I'm not a movie critic. So, I won't be going into the critic blathering. I will just say the movie was intense, graphic, and poignant. Things happen in the movie that have you thinking this is exactly what would happen in the real world given these circumstances. I guess it feeds my general distrust in the world's governments.

Go see the movie if you like sci fi that makes you think. It makes you think while putting you through some intense action and graphic content. Don't cover your eyes. Take it all in. You will be glad you did.

No comments:

Post a Comment