Monday, September 7, 2009

Its Not My Fantasy

I just finished drafting my team for the second fantasy football team I own. Though I did an okay job, I did not feel all that excited about drafting. I think that perhaps fantasy football has run its course with me. I didn't do any research. In fact, I used spreadsheets created by the IT guy out our office. I think the fun is spending time researching, drafting and juggling the lineup. Right now I don't feel like doing any of those things. If my feelings about this does not change by next year, I will not be join any fantasy leagues. I will retire in the two leagues I'm in currently.

I have been participating in fantasy football since the early 90's. Back then there weren't any websites designed for fantasy football. The rules were simpler because the commissioner had to use the KC Star or the USA Today newspapers to figure the scoring by hand.

Now days there are websites and television shows telling you who to draft and in what order. We have wesites to set the lineups, check for free agents, and calculate the scoring. I miss the simple days of buying a magazine and figuring it out myself.

So, I think this will be my final year of fantasy football. I look forward to watching the games with nothing on the line for me personally. I will be watching for the pure joy of watching. Nothing more. Besides I prefer college football. My sundays will be free next year. Lets go fishing.

No comments:

Post a Comment