The authors give you a 10 minute test called the Color Q Personality Style Self Assessment. After you finish the results are easy to garner. Your results are given to you in colors red, green, blue, and gold. You are assigned a primary color and a secondary color. I won't go into what each pairing means and just tell you that I am a Red/Green.
The test, also, determines if you are an introvert or an extrovert. I already knew before taking the test that I am an introvert, but I took the test in its entirety, and the result was the expected introvert. So, my final personality type result is Red/Green introvert.
After reading the description of the Red/Green introvert I discovered the authors were right. They nailed it. Their description of me matched my results of the personality test. I was surprised. As I mentioned before I had taken other tests and the results were iffy. Not this time. They were accurate.
Here are a few things the book mentions about Red/Green introverts that are me.
- Like to initiate and implement change.
- Excel in assignments that are nonrepetitious.
- Most productive when left on my own.
- Is relaxed and informal.
- Unattractive surroundings will distract and irritate me.
- Encourages rapport through a sense of humor.
- Offers a high degree of trust.
After confiming that the description was right, I read on to see what was thought to be a good career path. The book lists many careers broken out by industry. The list is nowhere near being complete or is said to be as such, but it gives a pretty good starting point. Here are some examples for Red/Green introverts that I thought were interesting.
Arts and entertainment
- artist, photographer, entertainment agent, film editor, and art director
- lawyer, product designer, public relations specialist, and business coach
- gynecologist, speech pathologist, nurse, and primary care physician
These were just a few careers and industries. Now I have to use the information I have and brain storm on what I want to do when I grow up. I'm still clueless, but I feel I'm getting closer. It will take some hard work and some hard thinking. I will have to do some soul searching. I am confident that I will figure this out.
If you are in the situation as me or just curious about your Color Q personality, I recommend reading this book. It may surprise you.